Monday, October 20, 2008

Child For Sale

Just Kidding. It is a wonderful, blessed thing that we love our children as much as we do or else we might be inclined to drop kick them out the door some days. LOL Collin is a sweet, kind, goofy little boy who definitly holds a special place in my heart. But there come the days that I wonder what planet he came from! Today, I don't think he has said anything else to me but "NO!". He does the opposite of everything I ask, never naps, and seems to think crackers look better in crumb form all over the floor and furniture.

Of course it doesn't help that I just managed to jam my thumb on my left hand in the door jam of the bathroom door. The bottom part of my fingernail has turned a lovely shade of purple and it has throbbed for like 2 hours.

It is days like this that make me glad that I have a good sense of humor (and neighbors far enough away they don't hear my yelling, LOL).

I am just glad it is finally really fall. All the leaves are falling, and it has frosted here the last 2 nights. I LOVE the winter, and especially the holiday season. I have such wonderful, fond memories of the holidays when I was a kid, from the big family filled event packed Thanksgivings and Christmases at my grandparents house, to the small thanksgiving my mom and I had when I was a teenager and my brother was away at school and we were living in Georgia. I wanted to make the whole dinner (versus ordering out), but of course I had my mom's help. :-) It was wonderful. This time of year is very special to me, especially now that I have kids and can share it with them. The baking bug has also hit me, I can't stop myself from baking, breads, pies, cookies... Anyone need any catering? LOL.

Anyways, enough of my rambling. Maybe I will go get a shower, finally, at 5pm. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not - some day you will look back on days like today and laugh (and miss them!) Sorry about your thumb. Did the boys kiss it better?! It does help.

Love,
Ammalrddggyj

Beth said...

I often tell my children that they're lucky they're so cute, otherwise I'd give them to the wolves to raise. Now it's gotten to be a joke and Alexander will stop and start doing fake incredulous faces, "And a wolf will have to be my new Mommy?" Hahaha. I TOTALLY know how you feel. Sometimes I look at my kids and wonder SERIOUSLY what makes me love them SO DAMN MUCH when they are so difficult sometimes! I guess it's part of the survival gene! :)