Monday, December 15, 2008

Baking Crazy

This weekend I had the best time. My mom came up saturday afternoon and stayed till sunday evening and we got all our Christmas baking done. We made about 6-7 dozen chocolate chip cookies, about 7 dozen sugar cookies, 2 bathces of peanut butter/chocolate fudge, and 4 loaves of bread. I am so greatful that mu mom was up here to help with the kids, it made things soooo much easier!! :-) The trick now, is to put everything in the freezer so little (and big) hands don't eat it all before Christmas day. As a kid, every year my mom and I would go over to my grandma's house and bake all the same stuff and half would go in the freezer and half in the fridge. Well, my brother and I would almost always end up eating frozen fudge out of the freezer, it is soo good!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Mmmm, when can I come over for some fudge? That sounds delicious!! My dad helped me bake cookies this weekend, too. It's great to keep up those traditions! :)