Monday, November 3, 2008

Alex's New Game

So, Alex has a new game he loves to play. It is called Robot. He holds a controller for a broken remote control car he has and then orders you around to do different things. We spent about 10 minutes this evening lining up toys in a row on our area rug and stacking blankets on the floor. Then it was my turn and he had to put them all away (and amazingly he did it!). It is fun for him I think because it gives him the chance to be in total control over something for a while, and then in return I get to make him clean up his mess, and he thinks it is still a game! He is turning into a very imaginative, creative little boy.

On another note, I have to say Happy Birthday to my brother who turned 31 on Halloween ( I was always jealous that his birthday is on Halloween, as a teenager he got halloween parties and I could never go because I was just his pesky little sister). He is one of my best friends in the world (next only to my hubby) and has played a larger part in making me who I am today. He is perhaps one of the kindest, sweetest, smartest guys I have ever known, and I think I owe some of my sanity to him. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORD RHOMBUS!!! (LOL, inside joke, :-) ). Good Journeys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a creative way to teach him responsibility!! Since he is so smart, I wonder how long it will take him to figure it out! He'll get his turn at being in charge, and when it is your turn he will decide he doesn't want to play anymore!!